This website contains key highlights of the Merchant Financing products being offered by American Express Bank, FSB, and is meant as an informational summary only. For more information, please call us at
Pre-qualification does not guarantee funding as successful enrollment is based on broader financial information obtained during the application process.
The minimum eligibility requirements for financing are as follows:
- American Express-accepting business owner.
- At least 24 month tenure as a Credit/Debit Card-accepting merchant.
- Annual Financing: at least $50,000 in total CV, across all major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, etc.).
- Monthly Financing: at least $150,000 in total CV, across all major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, etc.).
If you have been an American Express accepting merchant for two or more years, our eligibility requirements are:
- Annual product
- Minimum $15K in American Express Charge Volume and $50K in total network Charge Volume annually.
- Monthly product
- Minimum $50K in American Express Charge Volume and $150K in total network Charge Volume annually.
If you have been an American Express accepting merchant for less than two years, our eligibility requirements are:
- At least 24 months accepting non-American Express credit/debit cards.
- Annual: Minimum $50K in total network Charge Volume annually.
- Monthly: Minimum $150K in total network Charge Volume annually.
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements, Merchant Financing will evaluate your application based on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Consistent Credit/Debt Card Charge Volume month to month.
- Majority of your volume must not be generated from just a few customers' account history.
To learn more or discuss in detail, please call us at 1-855-298-1209.
Merchants in the following industries are not eligible for Merchant Financing.
- Cruise Lines
- Airlines, Private Jets or Chartered Airlines
- Ticket Sales and Brokers
- Adult entertainment (specifically, online digital content sites)
- Escort and massage services
- Medical marijuana dispensary
- Check cashing/guarantee
- Financial services equities, unit trusts, mutual funds
- Bail bonds
- Debt collection (exceptions include outside agency collection fees, licensed insolvency practitioners and bail bondsmen fees)
- Investment on future maturity of the goods investment made on future maturity of goods/services with an intention of gaining return on investment. e.g., stock market, wine future, horse breeding, or timber investment. (excludes travel related services, membership services, e.g., magazine subscriptions, ticket sales to future events, or real estate deposits)
- Non-profit organizations
- For-profit colleges and trade schools
- Unregulated charities
- Bureau de change establishments (establishment where foreign money is exchanged)
- Detective agencies
- Door-to-door sales (exception for payment on delivery directly to the company or to the franchisee)
- Gambling (exception for accommodation, restaurant bar or gift shop facilities within a casino)
- Multi-level pyramid selling (exception for payment on delivery directly to the company or to the franchisee)
- Political parties (except in US)
- Unlawful sale of prescription drugs or tobacco
- Mortgage payments
- Condo down-payments
Financing Amounts Financing for the products is driven by forecasts depending on whether you select a loan that is repaid from your American Express® Charge Volume only or all of your Charge Volume, adjusted for business growth and other factors. As your Charge Volume increases, so will your potential financing amount.
Monthly: The calculation for each 6 month period of disbursement will be based on your historical credit/debit card receivables. During the application process, you will be asked to choose what portion of your Available Funding Amount you would like to receive for the first 6 months; you may choose 100%, 75%, or 50%.
Annual: Your annual cash funding is calculated based on your historical credit/debit card receivables for the past 12 months and performance to date. The minimum amount of funding is $10,000 and the maximum available funding is $750,000.
Receiving Monthly Financing Funds Loan funding is disbursed as a single payment each month into your merchant bank account on file, on a fixed day of the month.
Receiving Annual Financing Funds Your loan funds will be disbursed as a single payment into your merchant bank account on file at the start of the Term.
The financing offered through the Merchant Financing program is a commercial loan. Proceeds may only be used for business purposes and will be disbursed only to the merchant bank account in which you receive settlements for your credit/debit card transactions. The funds loaned to you through Merchant Financing may not be used for personal purposes, including paying dividends to principals and paying off debts to an FSB affiliate. In addition, the loan may not be used to purchase real estate or fund construction.
Annual Financing based on your American Express ® Receivables Only The amount Merchant Financing receives from your daily American Express® submissions will correlate to the amount of your Available Funding Amount you have chosen to have disbursed to you during the application process. The Repayment Rate can be between 1% and 50% if you select the entire amount offered. If you select a lesser amount, the Repayment Rate will be prorated proportionally.
The cumulative amount due at the end of each month is listed on your payment schedule.
Annual Financing based on all your Credit/Debit Card Receivables The process is similar, but your settlements will be based on all of your credit/debit card submissions, which include non-American Express transactions.
To obtain loan repayments from the card settlements that your Processor submits, Merchant Financing will open a Transfer Account at Wells Fargo Bank on your behalf that will be used as a temporary settlement account. On a daily basis, your Processor will send your other network settlements into the Transfer Account. For further information on the Transfer Account, please call 1-855-298-1209.
Monthly Financing based on your American Express ® Receivables Only The amount Merchant Financing receives from your American Express® daily submissions will correlate to the amount of your available funding amount you choose to have disbursed to you during the application process; you can choose 100%, 75%, or 50%. The Repayment Rate will remain constant each month through the Term of the Loan Agreement.
Monthly Financing based on all your Credit/Debit Card Receivables The process is similar, but your settlements will be based on all of your credit/debit card submissions, which include non-American Express transactions.
To obtain loan repayments from the card settlements that your processor submits, Merchant Financing will open a Transfer Account at Wells Fargo Bank on your behalf that will be used as a temporary settlement account. On a daily basis, your Processor will send your other network settlements into the Transfer Account. For further information on the Transfer Account, please call 1-855-298-1209.
The initial Term of the financing Agreement is one year ("Initial Term"). The contract will renew for successive one -year periods (each a "Renewal Term") unless terminated by either party by giving written notice to the other at least 60 days prior to the end of the Initial Term or any Renewal Term. There are no early termination fees if you choose to cancel.
Fees There is no interest rate associated with the Merchant Financing products. We only charge a fixed fee. Because these are fixed-fee products, you know exactly how much you are paying in finance fees – as low as 6% of your financing amount for Annual Financing and as low as 0.5% fixed for Monthly Financing on your outstanding balance on the disbursement date each month. Eligibility for lowest available Loan Fee is based on a variety of factors, including your processing arrangements, referral source and creditworthiness. For more information, please call 1-855-298-1209.
If Monthly Financing Outstanding Balance Is Not Fully Repaid by End of Month Each disbursement is due in full by the end of each month. We estimate what you will pay each month based on your forecast. If you foresee that this may not happen, please contact us so that we adjust your financing accordingly. If you are paying significantly slower, we may require payment by check or ACH prior to disbursing any future payments.
If you repay less than 70% of the funding amount, we may initiate a debit ACH from your merchant bank account on file for the unpaid principal amount. You can also pay this amount by check. You will be eligible for the next month's funding if the amount is repaid successfully.
If Annual Financing Outstanding Balance Is Not Fully Repaid by End of Term If your Outstanding Balance is not fully repaid at the end of the One-Year Term, the Repayment Rate will be increased to 100% until the Outstanding Balance is repaid. At the end of the Term, the Outstanding Balance is immediately due and payable in full.